Guidelines for Summer Outdoor Camps
April 26, 2021
Effective June 1, 2021, the university will allow outdoor camps to resume. Please note that there are a number of public health guidelines that must be strictly adhered to and followed. In order to provide guidance, please see the following:
- At this time, with the exception of on-campus daycare centers, indoor camps or indoor camp activity is still not authorized
- No sleepover camps
- Public Health guidelines, including those Executive Orders in place at the time must be followed. Presently would include:
- NJ Executive Order 232
- NJ Executive Order 234
- NJ Department of Health “Guidance for Sports Activities, 3/18/21”
- NJSIAA as applicable for High School Students
- CDC guidance with respect to out of state individuals
- Guide to Returning to Rutgers
- Must be approved by the respective authority
- New Brunswick Athletics, New Brunswick Athletic Director
- Newark and Camden Athletics, respective Chancellor
- Recreation Camps, respective Chancellors
- Safety and compliance plans, reflecting the guidelines listed above, must be submitted to my office for review.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.
As always, Wear a face-covering, Watch your distance, Wash your hands!
Antonio M. Calcado
Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer