Information on Refunds for Student Housing, Meals, and Parking
March 26, 2020
The “Stay at Home Order” signed by New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy has direct and indirect impacts on Rutgers University. Please be assured that Student Accounting, Billing and Cashier Services (Student ABC) is committed to supporting you as you navigate through the current situation.
In light of the evolving State and universitywide changes related to COVID-19, Student ABC will take the following steps in the coming weeks:
- Housing, dining and parking charges will be credited to each eligible student’s account. The refunds will be calculated on a prorated basis beginning on March 23, the first day following Spring Break, and ending on May 16, the required move-out date at the University. We encourage students to set up direct deposit to receive their refunds faster and more securely.
- Financial holds that block registration will not be placed on student accounts that have past due balances. We sympathize with families and understand the financial hardships that many families are facing during this difficult time, as well as the expectation that students focus on their academic work.
- paymybill.rutgers.edu to pay past due balances and view your student account.
- 1098t.rutgers.edu to view and download the tax form.
- Rutgers University COVID-19 site to stay informed about the university’s efforts to address this public health crisis.
The Student ABC staff is available to answer any questions or concerns through our online portal or you may call us at (848) 932-2254.
- Camden: email@example.com
Newark: firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-353-1766, ext. 1.
J. Michael Gower
Executive Vice President and
Chief Financial Officer