Resources from the State of New Jersey
COVID 19 Information Hub
The New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub provides New Jerseyans with the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 and the state’s response, including information about services such as food assistance and small business assistance. Find vaccine locations within the state at the Vaccine Appointment Finder.
COVID Alert NJ App
COVID Alert NJ is a free and secure exposure notification app from the State of New Jersey.
The mobile app anonymously alerts users if they have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. The app also provides users with up-to-date information on New Jersey reopening news, key COVID-19 metrics, and a user-friendly symptom tracking tool. COVID Alert NJ uses Bluetooth proximity technology. The app will never record any identifying data. All users will remain anonymous.
How it Works
- Download the COVID Alert NJ app on the App Store or Google Play Store. Opt-in to receive Exposure Notifications.
- As you go about your day, the app will use Bluetooth to sense any “close contacts”—other app users who are within six feet of you for more than 10 minutes.
- When your app senses a close contact, your phone will exchange a secure random code with the close contact’s phone. It’s important to note that your location and name are never disclosed.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, a public health representative will call you and ask if you’re willing to anonymously notify your “close contacts” by uploading your app’s close contact codes.
- Each day, the app will compare your list of close contact codes to the list of codes associated with positive COVID-19 app users. If there’s a match, you will get an Exposure Alert, along with appropriate next steps to take.
- Read the COVID Alert NJ overview page for answers to frequently asked questions.
- Watch a video that explains how smart phone apps work and help with COVID-19 contact tracing.
Department of Health
The State of New Jersey’s Department of Health has COVID-19 information for communities, schools, businesses, health care professionals, and the general public.
NJDOH COVID-19 Call Center
New Jersey Poison Information and Education System at Rutgers is serving as the NJDOH COVID-19 Call Center—call the hotline at 1-800-222-1222 for assistance in multiple languages, 24 hours a day.