Rutgers COVID-19 Testing Instructions
The university Testing Protocol Action Group (TPAG) has been charged to determine which groups of students or employees are recommended and/or expected to complete testing through the Rutgers COVID-19 testing program.
Claims for testing will be submitted by the lab to your health insurance. No copay or coinsurance fee is to be charged for COVID-19 related testing or services. Testing done through Rutgers Student Health or Rutgers COVID-19 testing program is at zero cost to students. The test is billed through the students’ insurance. For students or employees who may not have health insurance, costs will be covered by the university. If a billing statement from Accurate Diagnostics Lab (ADL) is received for a COVID-19 test, please call ADL to answer information about your insurance (telephone: 732-839-0843). Please call even if you do not have health insurance. Uncovered or denied charges for COVID-19 testing will be paid by the university.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS INSTRUCTIONS HAVE CHANGED:
- Pick up a testing kit from either a walk-up site, test kit vending machine, or as distributed from your department
- Just before giving the sample, scan the QR code (with your smart phone or other device). If you do not have a smartphone or device with QR code reading capabilities, please follow the alternative print-out instructions here.
- Type in your NetID and password
- Complete necessary forms (see a pdf file of form examples here):
- Long Form: Complete the first time in system and when updates are needed, such as insurance.
- Short form: MUST BE COMPLETED WITH EACH SAMPLE
- Click SUBMIT
- Use a pen to write your NetID on the QR code label on the outside of the bag.
- Produce your saliva sample
- Firmly twist cap onto the sample tube to see the blue material release into the sample.
- Print name and date of birth on white label (which is in the bag) and place on the sample tube (do not cover up the bar code on the tube).
- Print the requisition in advance, or use the kiosk stations at the testing sites to print your requisition.
- Place the sample’s barcode label on the requisition in the top right corner and place the requisition in the outside sleeve of the specimen bag.
- Drop completed sample in sealed bag in a campus drop box within 24 hours.