We’re Counting on YOU
November 13, 2020
Case counts of COVID-19 have increased markedly across New Jersey and among our student population these past few weeks. For your health, for the health of your loved ones, and for the wellness of our community as we look ahead to the coming weeks and the Thanksgiving weekend, I ask that you please stand strong.
Do not put yourself, your friends, or your loved ones at risk:
- Wear your mask anytime you’re around others
- Don’t eat or drink near others who are unmasked
- Keep in-person visits outdoors and 6 feet apart
- Stay close with friends via digital hangouts instead
- Use the My Campus Pass app to screen for symptoms
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well
- And of course, wash your hands
The above recommendations apply to holiday celebrations over the coming weeks as well. Consider keeping Thanksgiving gatherings intimate and only within your current living circle. If you do intend to travel or see others, please follow guidance and protect your friends and family by getting tested for SARS-CoV-2 shortly before and after the event. Rutgers testing is available for students living on or near campus. Learn about the testing and health services available by contacting your student health office. Information for each campus is included in this email below my signature. Tests are also available at locations throughout the state.
I know you have already made many sacrifices this year, and it is difficult to be away from friends, but I am asking you to make smart decisions. Always remember: this virus is highly transmissible and no one is invincible. Keeping each other safe from COVID-19 is a responsibility we all share.
We are counting on you to help keep our community healthy.
Wishing you good health.
Melodee Lasky, MD
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs – Health & Wellness, Rutgers—New Brunswick
Associate Vice President for Student Health Services, Rutgers University
Rutgers Student Health offices by location:
- Rutgers–New Brunswick
- Call 848-932-7402
- Locations and hours can be found at health.rutgers.edu/locations.
- Make an appointment online via our Patient Portal (requires NetID)
- Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences
- Newark 973-972-8219
- New Brunswick 732-235-5160
- Call 973-353-5232
- Visit Blumenthal Hall, Room 104
- Email: email@example.com
- Call 856-225-6005
- Visit the Campus Center, second floor